Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Small Batch of Seasoned Saltines

I am not a real fan of saltines, for us they are reserved for when we are sick. This week I was working on going through the pantry to see what we are really using and to start getting rid of stuff that I can make from scratch. When I came across an open box of saltines I figured I could try out that recipe everyone keeps posting on Pinterest. But I had a problem the recipe calls for a whole box of saltines and a full packet of ranch which I didn't have. I finally found the recipe on Food.com (Here is the Link) the wonderful thing about Food.com is it has a feature that allows you to adjust the serving size of the recipe and it adjusts the recipe accordingly. Since I didn't know if I would like this recipe I only did a quarter of the original.

I forgot the garlic powder, oops!

Ingredients:
1 sleeve unsalted saltine crackers (I used salted, I like salt)
1/4 cup canola oil  (I used veggie oil)
1/4 ounce or 3/4 tablespoon of ranch dressing mix
1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder


Mix all the seasoning ingredients in a bowl. 


Line up all your saltines in a sealable container.

Stir up the seasoning mix and spoon over the saltines.

Seal up your container and flip it over ever few minutes to distribute the seasoning evenly.

The original recipe said to store these in a Ziploc up to a week, but I am just leaving them in my container because I would rather not waste anymore plastic.

Honsetly these are so amazing and now I can't wait to make more!

Yum! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment