Saturday, August 3, 2013

Burlap Flower Ball

Burlap Flower Ball

I have a habit of saving smaller pieces of fabric just in case I could find a use for them, well now I found one for some burlap scrap.

I had seen this craft on pinterest from Morena's Corner and I figured I could make something similar.


Since I just happened to have a cute little galvanized tub and burlap on hand (the burlap I used is this one) I figured why not pick up the last few items need to make this. But I ran into an issue because the local craft store didn't have upholstery tacks so I had to come up with an alternative. 

My first choice was straight pins, but I couldn't find a pack of really cheap ones but then I found a pack of sequin pins, they work just as well as straight pins albeit shorter. Then I had to figure out what to cover the pins with when I came across these:
 Craftwork Cards - Candi Minis - Paper Dots - Baker Street

These are really cute cardstock "buttons" that worked perfectly for covering up the pins and making the center of the flowers nicer.

My supply list :
Scissors
Mini Galvanized Tub/Bucket
Burlap
Styrofoam Ball
Tissue Paper
Sequin Pins
Candi Mini's
 Hot Glue or Glue Dots

The Styrofoam ball that I got fit perfectly in the tub so I didn't have to do anything else to the ball. 

I started by cutting flowers out of my scrap burlap the same way as the original tutorial, I skipped painting the flowers since my burlap already had print on it. 


After doubling up the flowers I started pinning them to the ball but too much of the Styrofoam was showing so I found some brown tissue paper and wrapped the ball in it. 

 I started out pinning the flowers evenly but since my flowers aren't the same size I pinned them wherever they fit. After getting them all pinned I used glue dots to secure the Candi Mini's to the center. After each of the centers were attached I just placed the half covered ball in the tub and it was done.









It is done and ready to be displayed

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment