Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Limburg an der Lahn Layouts

In March we went to a really cool German town called Limburg an der Lahn, which means Limburg on the Lahn. The Lahn is the river that runs right next to the town. I took me a while but I finally found some paper from my existing collection to use.

I started running low on alphabet stickers and I wasn't able to use the stickers for all the little things that I wanted to so I went to work trying to find another solution. I decided to type everything I wanted up and print them out, then I had another problem because all the card stock I had to print on was white and it didn't go with my other paper. I dug into my crafts supplies and tested many different things, the best solution was pastel pencils. Using a brown pastel pencil I drew along the edge of the paper then using a q-tip I smudged it all around and I got this nice antique looking paper as a result.


Now on to the Layouts!





Another tip that I had gotten from a fellow scrapbooker was to use collage prints so that you can add a lot more photos to a page. I personally use Walgreens to print my photos, and I had the chance to get a free collage print so I used on some of these photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment