Monday, August 19, 2013

Sprocket Pillow

Sprocket Pillow
At the latest sewing class I attended we made sprocket pillows based on the pattern and tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew, we did do one thing differently, we added piping to the pillow. Now this pillow was made from scraps that the instructor provided, as well as a solid polyester/cotton blend. It isn't the best quality pillow but for my first time attempting piping, circles and wedges I think I did pretty good.

The button was from my personal stash, a silly button but it works.

I choose colors that would work well with the color scheme I have going in my craft room and I think I could have added in some teal to balance it out but maybe on the next one. I didn't care for was the size of the piping but it was the only size the store had so we just had to go with it. I did find that after stuffing the pillow little bits of the poly-fil were sneaking through the fabric of the pillow, I don't know if it was the quality of the fabric or something else.

Here it is on my craft chair that I recovered
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment